Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me

Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me
My sister is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Nominated for an Award???!!!

Yes, I know, I'm interrupting my Christmas posts... again. And it's also November. But this is super important. Check this- my blog, A Doll's Life For Me, has been nominated for a doll blogger award! I'm so excited and incredibly honored to have been recognized. It's also the perfect time for something like this to happen, with the one year anniversary of my blog approaching and also Loki's, Olaf's and my finding date. It's like an early finding day present for all of us. Olaf is super excited as well. As soon as I explained to him was a blog award was, and then he started jumping up and down and squealing. And then he hugged everyone within armreach. It was a little awkward, but happiness is contagious and Olaf was definitely happy. Then I had to explain to him how I hadn't won the award yet- I had just be nominated for one. He was a little disappointed, but still hopeful. Even Napoleon, Benny, Bell, Dorothy, and Magneto came up from downstairs and shook my hand in congratulations. Some of them didn't even know that I had a blog until I told them about this award. To make a long story short, we're all very honored to have been considered for this award, by fellow doll blogger Anna, who has the blog: justannalifeofadoll.blogspot.com. If you like what I do, then you'll like what she does even more... because she's a limited edition doll. Not sure what difference that makes, but oh well.

This is a picture of the Liebster Award. What does it mean? Well, the Liebster Award is by bloggers, for bloggers, doll or not. It encourages connection and support within the writing community and welcomes newfound blogs and amateur bloggers. I'm not sure what Liebster stands for, but it's apparently the German word for "sweetheart." Sigh, the things that you can find on the internet these days, and I right? But regardless of the strange title, I like the look of this award. Pretty, isn't it? I really like the flowers.
Image result for liebster award
It also looks like this.
And this.
And even this.
Basically the sole purpose of this award is to, you guessed it, "Discover new blogs!" Well, I'm still kind of new. Do I still count? I guess so, since I was nominated.
So maybe this is just my award so far until the winner is actually decided. Still pretty cool though!
Image result for liebster award
These are the rules everyone who has been nominated for the Liebster award has to follow. Yes, everything has to have rules, but this is actually kind of fun. Anna, who has nominated me for this award, has asked me eleven questions that I have to answer on her blog, Just Anna. In her nominated post, she didn't do the eleven fun facts thing, so I won't either. Plus, you probably already know a lot of what I'm like by now. So here we go. Q and A time. I'll be like another Doll's Life File, just for me. (My text is in blue, the questions from Anna are in orchid.)
***
1. If you could be an animal, what would you want to be and why? 
A reindeer, because reindeers are better than people! But they also smell really bad, so maybe a horse!
2. What is your favorite kind of tea (if you have one)?
I've never gotten the chance to have my own cup of tea, but She loves tea and sometimes I can smell her making it from downstairs... and so far my favorite smell is Cinnamon Apple tea by Celestial.
3. Would you rather wear fuzzy socks or cute sandals? 
I'm quite partial to wonderfully fuzzy socks or slippers. Then again, cute flower sandals are the pinnacle of summer, but who am I kidding. I'm basically an incarnation of winter. Fuzzy socks win.
4. What is your favorite memory from blogging? 
I have a lot of favorite memories that happened on this blog since last year. So many wonderful things have happened to me and my friends, so many things that I have written about, so it's hard to pick just one. But, if I absolutely have to, it would be the ginger soda tea party we had in She's room on Thanksgiving after we saved the day from a burning turkey. It was really the moment Loki, Olaf, and I were able to connect as friends.
5. Do you have a hidden talent?
I suppose my ice and snow powers aren't really a secret anymore... so my other hidden talent is that I can read people pretty well. I can tell exactly what they're feeling or what thoughts are running through their brain at one point in time. All it takes is a small gesture, a hint of body language that they don't think that they do. For example, constantly moving hands would suggest nervousness, or a eye flit to the left side would mean lying.
6. How were you found/purchased? 
I was found on November 24th when She noticed the beloved log cabin of Wandering Oaken's Trading Post rising out of the hustle and bustle of the crowds in Hollywood Studios and pleaded to go inside, since She's a fan of all things Frozen. She ran straight to the 16" Elsa singing dolls and began rooting through the top shelf to find one that hadn't been picked over, and viola! It was me that she chose. For that I'm very thankful. Who knows where I would be without her? Definitely not getting nominated for a blog award, because I wouldn't be blogging.
7. How do you feel about thrift stores? 
Thrift stores can be pretty sketchy, smelly places, but there are some hidden gems there. I feel sad for all of the lost or abused dolls that end up there, though. It's not a great place to be. It's kind of like the human equivalent of homeless people, only humanless dolls. You want to help because you feel bad for the state that they're in, but at the same time, what can you do?
8. What is your favorite thing to learn about? 
I love learning about literature, especially poetry. Probably because I'm a very "poetic" person myself. I don't have perfect reading skills, but I still really want to learn how.
9. What's your favorite song? 
*Looks around* Is anyone in the vicinity? No? Okay, then we're good. *Takes a deep, shaky, breath* Because my favorite song is really super secret. No one else must know but you guys. *Flips on switch and launches snow into the air. I apologize profusely and turn off my switch* LET IT GOOO!!! *Loki comes to check on why the heck it's snowing in the Room She Lives In.* Yeah, Let it Go is my favorite song. But what else can you expect from an Elsa singing doll? Bohemian Rhapsody? Yeah, no. It's gotta be Let it Go.
10. What Disney moment makes you cry? 
Now, I'm already a very emotional doll, so any sappy or sad moment in any Disney film is bound to make me shed a tear. (Figuratively, dolls can't actually cry water.) But the one scene that really gets me is the scene from Frozen (wow, what a surprise) when Elsa has to be shut away from her beloved sister for thirteen years just for one mistake that could have been so easily fixed... and then a ruined childhood spiraled into years of misery. It's just so hopelessly sad.
***
Well, that wasn't eleven questions, but that was only the maximum number. Thanks to Anna for nominating me once again and for the awesome questions. Now it's my turn, I suppose. I, Queen Elsa of the Room She Lives In, nominate all four of my followers. Excluding Anna. No offense to you, but you already nominated me, so you've already been nominated by someone else in turn. So this means Treesa at Fashion Doll Memoirs, Jan at The Dollaholic, and Snow at Through the Eyes of a 12" Girl: Life as a Disney Doll. Thanks for following me you guys! I feel so appreciated I might cry... but I'm not going to because I physically can't. But now I have to ask you maximum eleven questions, so this shall be fun for you guys to answer!
***
1. How do you compare with your zodiac sign, personality-wise?
2. What's your favorite book you have read at least twice?
3. How do you relax and unwind at the end of a long day?
4. What is your favorite part of being a blogger?
5. What do you do to fix writer's block or you just don't feel like writing?
6. Where is one place you have always wanted to go (outside of home)?
7. What is your favorite holiday?
8. What is your pet peeve?
9. If you had the choice, what kind of climate would you like to live in?
10. If you're falling from a fiery building, who would you want to save you?
11. What is your favorite treat (to smell or to eat)?
***
So if my gracious followers have seen this post (which I hope that they do) your task it to say that you were nominated for the Liebster Award by me, then answer the questions listed above and nominate other bloggers who has a follower count under 400. Then, ask them eleven or so questions. And it just keeps going around. This is supposed to help promote little-known bloggers everywhere. 
Okay that's about it for this quite spontaneous and gratuitously thankful post. You should be expecting my 12 Days of Christmas post soon, if all goes according to plan. I'll give you to sneak peak to what it's going to be about. The title is Ten Bad Ideas, and it's about all the mistakes I made the day after we had stayed up until five reading to Olaf. It will also be in a completely different format than most of my other posts, so feedback is always appreciated there once it comes out.


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Although, actually, the award was from my Anna doll (specifically, technically it's from my corner of the blog world, you know.) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination, Elsa!! :). I'm so sorry I haven't posted in such a long time....I'm going to be hopefully catching up soon! I'm excited to do this!
    The human (Jan) also says thank you very much for her nomination. :)

    ~ Snow

    ReplyDelete