Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me

Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me
My sister is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Monday, May 2, 2016

And Another Award!!

Okay, before you accuse me and ask where I've been, I have an actual good excuse for my absence from my blog this time. She's laptop began malfunctioning sometime last week or the week before (and it still kind of is) but on a scale of one to broken, it was broken with a capital B. It was really bad. I would enclose a picture here, but the thing was so unusable, that I fear that you as my readers, probably using a laptop right now to read, would die of servere jaw-dropping. So as I wish not to endanger anyone here, I've decided not to. Plus, how would I get a picture as proof? Anyway, they were the basic broken laptop symptoms. Slower than molasses, shutting down every time She merely closed the thing, and colorful vertical lines down the middle of the screen. Very annoying. Very unusable. Very impossible to blog with. But I'm back because I have been nominated, (or I have received, I'm not really sure) for another award! I'll try to hold back my excitement here and explain this as best as possible.
Anywhoosies, this is the award pic:


OMG, I GOT THE GREAT DOLL BLOG AWARD!!! EEEEE!!!!
Sorry for that. I got a little carried away. I think I might have happy-panicked out loud, because right now Nessa is staring at me from where I am currently blogging on She's bed as usual, and I think I might have actually scared her. Which is nothing out of the ordinary, but still. Maybe I should try to keep the squealing to a minimum.
But it seriously is exciting. Even though it may not seem like I do, I do dedicate all that I have to give to this blog. My time, my energy, my words, my story, and not the mention the giant risk of humans finding out what we dolls really do when they're not around. And the fact that my hard work is being read and appreciated to the point where I actually get awarded for it, as useless as an internet picture may be in real life, it really means a lot. Where would I be without any of you? Thanks guys, and a million thanks to MyLittleMegara (of course) for giving/nominating this for me.
Now that I have gotten over a lot of squealing and sappiness, and I've thanked the person who has given this honor to me, it's time to move on to the questions MyLittleMegara has asked me on one of her blogs. The link is here. http://adventuresindollwonderland.blogspot.com/
***
1. I have been blogging exactly, on the date, since November 29th, 2014. I guess you could say it's been a year and a half now, or something. I've had one blogiversary (however you spell that) so far, but I like to think I've been here two years. It certainly feels that way sometimes since my posts are always so long.
2. My favorite post I've photographed/written is definitely a hard one to pick. I love everything I've posted, which is probably a good thing that I do, otherwise where is the motivation and fun in that, and why have I been on Blogger for so long? But I can't chose, so I'm just going to say all of my posts I wrote in Elsa's 12 Days of  Christmas series. That was a big time for me, when my true self began to shine. Preferring words over pictures, going into great detail about all of my life experiences, and having the most horrible time apart from one post to another ever. Like, seriously bad continuity. But it was a great time for me, and hopefully an entertaining series for all of my series, too.
3. Well, since I am an actual doll, I find this a very strange question. Sometimes I forget we are objects and not real people. Choosing my favorite American Girl doll is like showing favoritism to a family member. Not that I know any American Girls since they aren't Disney... but I shall try. She used to get American Girl Doll magazines in the mail and the one whose story and asthtic I liked the best had to be Felicity or Samantha. Though both of these dolls are discontinued, I still count them. Here is a picture of them if you are curious.



4. Assuming this question was addressed to She, my human, but her answering this question is not going to be possible, I suppose I'll just have to take this one myself. I'd personally like to go everywhere I can as long as the scenery is pleasant! After all... I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell! (Comment if you got that song reference.) A sunny picnic under a tree in a lovely meadow could be nice, but that's only during the warmer once. When winter comes around I really get in the mood to go somewhere stark-white and unbearably cold, and maybe some mountains thrown in there, too. Maybe She will take me somewhere like those places one day, but you never know. Until then I am happy to stay home.
5. What do I see in my blog's future? Hmm... I guess first it is only logical that I start with the past. Yes, that's right. As you already know by know, I've decided to try something new and only slightly confusing by having half of my posts in my blog take place now, in 2016, and the other half being in 2015, a year ago. The more current ones are shorter and more about the blog and other happenings rather than elaborate memoirs. I already know what to expect with my 2015 posts. A joyfully warm summer, meetings with new friends, and a Halloween that none of the dolls here will ever forget. For the 2016 posts, I hope to become a little more reliable when posting things, and getting more involved with the blogging community. I would also like to play in a few mini-series like doll-sized arts and crafts, as well as recipes we may use on the blog from time to time.
***
I suppose that is all! Sorry again for the belated post. The state of She's laptop was horrid and unusable for at least a week by both She and I. In the meantime the both of us are getting caught up in reading again. Well, I'm practicing learning to read better, and She is hopping from book to book, unsure of which one to devour first. But now that I'm back I hope to get another post up soon, one from 2015 February this time. Wow... I am so horribly out of sync.
Now I have to nominate five other dolls blogs that I happen to love. It's easy for me to pick favorites, but at the same time it's hard... because it means I have to pick favorites. That is, favorites who do not already have this award or have been nominated as of today.

1. A Doll's Life at... no kidding... A Doll's Life.

2. Snow at Through the Eyes of a 12'' Girl

3. Rhoda F. at Living A Doll's Life

4. Treesa at Fashion Doll Memoirs

5. Anyone at Dolls Dolls Dolls!!!

And here are the questions I have for you guys above:

1. Who is your favorite doll that you own? And if you are a doll, what is your favorite outfit/accessory?

2. What doll have you had the longest? If you are a doll, who is the oldest doll that you know?

3. What is the greatest challenge you face in running your blog?

4. What is the greatest reward you can get (morally) for running your blog?

5. What is your favorite type of weather?

If you guys have not yet noticed, I tend to pick the same people for these sorts of things over and over again. If it's getting old or boring to any of you, and you happen to have a blog I can follow and wouldn't mind being a buddy and getting awards and joining a community and stuff, please comment! Seriously, I don't mind getting random strangers saying things about my blog or theirs. If you leave your URL in the comment, I will be able to find your blog and follow it more quickly and easily. That is all for today and probably the rest of the week, and happy first days of May! You guys can also be expecting a new header picture sometime soon. Is anyone as excited for summer as Olaf is?


Back with the blogging bug,
Queen Elsa

5 comments:

  1. Dear Elsa,
    I appreciate your nomination. However, you didn't post a list of your own questions for me to answer. I am therefore going to assume that you are reusing MyLittleMegara's list of questions. I'll get right on to answering those as soon as I can.
    Anyway, the other reason I'm commenting is to let you know that I don't think you really have to worry too much about quote 'the giant risk of humans finding out what...dolls really do when they're not around' end quote. Blogs are sort of a grey area, since any human who doesn't know or believe that dolls are alive will just assume that the doll's owner is the 'real' author. You just need to make sure that She doesn't find out about the blog. That could be awkward.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers and a fantastic Beauty and the Beast reference! I have and love a pre-Beforever Samantha, in her traditional checked dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Treesa, thank you for pointing that out to me! I updated that last post with five questions of my own, but if you are already working on the one MyLittleMegara had, then that's okay too, since I didn't realize that I forgot to add those questions! I guess that is kind of important, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It's ok. Everyone makes mistakes.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete