Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me

Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me
My sister is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Quote of the Day Challenge (Mini-Series) Post #1

One thing I've learned in my time of being a blogger is that things get around. Sometimes even faster than that weird sinus-cold thing She has the moment. And while my poor human is getting her rest, I took the opportunity to get back to blogging again, (I'm currently working on about four different posts at the same time!) so the first thing I did was log on to She's laptop and check my Blogger Dashboard. Surprisingly, I noticed that someone left a comment on my last post here, The Beginning of the End. It was from Treesa, a fellow doll blogger, (though she is not an actual doll herself!) and it said this,

Dear Elsa,
I'm writing to let you know that I've nominated you for the Quote Of The Day Challenge. If you would like to participate, you will need to post one quote on your blog each day for three days. For each of the three days you will also have to nominate three other bloggers for the challenge. Good luck and have fun.
Signed, Treesa 

First of all, I was very impressed that people still know how to write friendly letters out there. Heck, even I don't know how to write one myself. But it was at least very polite. Secondly, I had been nominated for something else?
The only other time I had been nominated for anything, actually, was last November (2015 this time) and it was for the Liebster Award by Anna. In Treesa's friendly-letter style email, it did not appear to be an award this time, but a challenge of sorts.
Now I'm not normally one for challenges. I don't like to compete with anyone in fear that either I will lose and be disappointed or win and hurt the other person's feelings. But this one didn't seem like something to win or lose at all. It was just fun. On Treesa's blog, Fashion Doll Memoirs, she said to have nominated me because she knew I was a doll that liked to blog and was interested on how I would interpret a blog challenge.
Well, here's my reaction to that...
Sounds like fun! I think I'll do it. (It would be rude to deny an invitation anyhow.)
First, the directions were pretty simple. All I had to do was find a quote I liked and make it pretty, and then post it here as my first day. Then I had to do the same thing two more days and then nominate three other bloggers I knew both on my blog and in their last post's comment section to do the same. I guess things in the Blogger world could travel faster than She's cold.
And speaking of She, for day one, I think I'll do my first quote on her. She is a little too obsessed with this movie called Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. It is likely that you haven't heard o f it, but according to what She tells her family almost thrice or so a week, it was a play written by Tom Stoppard, who was inspired by William's Shakespeare's Hamlet. It features the two background or "throwaway" characters in Hamlet going on their own adventure and trying to figure out what they are supposed to do. Sometimes I find She's fangirling pretty silly. But for now She's constant quoting of the movie is good for me, because I have some pretty valuable quotes to make a blog post out of. The one I decided to go with is one of my favorites.


(I tried making it as big as I could, but I made this collage myself in good ol' Microsoft Paint, so you can tell how good I am with computers.)
Well, there it is! My self-made Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead collage inspired by She, in all of its Gary-Oldman-and-Tim-Roth glory. If I were She, I would tell you to go check out this movie. But I'm She, so I won't do that. (But seriously, if you're curious, the movie is about only seven or so dollars online. It's a funny and thought-provoking story that only certain people can truly enjoy. You have been warned, reader.)
I guess this welcomes in a new mini-series though. Welcome to my Quote of the Day Challenge mini-series. This has been quote one, so expect two more like this post after and then back to the regularly scheduled blog which needs a good update.
Next I would like to nominate these three blogging beauties:
1. Belle from Belle's Bulletin's.
I know Belle hasn't been on Blogger for 3 years now (how sad! I always enjoyed her posts) but I would like to give this is a try and see what another doll can do with this challenge.
2. Brenda and Sophie at the Savage Dolls.
These girls blog frequently (much more than I ever have!) and I figure they will get this message very quickly and be able to come out with a cool quote.
3. Jan at the Dollaholic. It's been a year since Jan has been on this blog so I hope she will get the comment soon enough! I know someone who loves dolls that much can come up with something good.


Quoting quickly,
Queen Elsa

3 comments:

  1. Dear Elsa,
    My sister is a 'Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead' fan. She was a theater major in college. I'm glad you took the challenge in the spirit of fun that it was meant, since some bloggers see this sort of thing as a waste of their valuable time. I look forward to reading your upcoming posts.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! So far I'm having a lot of fun doing this. The collages take really no time at all, but it's finding people to nominate that does. I guess that's why we bloggers do things like this, to expand our views and community. I think She would be very happy to hear that She is not the only one who is obsessed with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern! She even has the movie and an interview DVD with the actors.

    ReplyDelete