Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me

Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me
My sister is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Doll's Life File: Moana

May I apologize in advance? Because even though The Funky War P.4 was supposed to come out today, it isn't quiet ready. Instead, I interviewed Moana for her Doll's Life File since I was so proud of my Sunday streak for posting weekly on this blog. I promise I will do all that I can to get The Funky War finale out next week (Sunday or sooner), but in the meantime, enjoy hearing Moana's story.
***
Elsa: *walking down into the basement, where Moana was playing darts alone* Hey Moana! Got a minute?
Moana: *wipes her brow and throws her final dart onto the board* Absolutely!
Elsa: Great! Hey, I know you do some blogstuffs at times, but there's something I do alone, and that's the Doll's Life File posts. Could I interview you for one?
Moana: Yeah, but we'd better go upstairs. *rubs her arms* It's cold down here.
Elsa: *smirks* The cold never bothered me anyways.
Moana: You don't have to rub it in!
Elsa: Sorry. Shall we go?
*a few minutes later, up in the Room She Lives In on the bed with her laptop*
Moana: So how do you usually start these things?
Elsa: Well, typically, I ask the doll's full name, but since I already know yours... *begins typing* How do you spell Motunui again?
Moana: M-O-T-U-N-U-I. Moana of Motunui.
Elsa: And your finding date was Christmas Day, but we changed it to New Year's Day... *still typing*
Moana: *rocking back and forth on her heels* We did.
Elsa: You know, you're lucky. Humans don't get a choice on when their finding days can be.
Moana: *eyes narrow* That's because humans aren't found. Meanwhile us dolls have to wait and hope that we will be chosen.
Elsa: *thoughtful* It sounds like you have something against humans recently.
Moana: No, no, I don't! I don't think I do. It's just not fair what they can do that we can't!


Elsa: Like what?
Moana: Like swimming, or having water balloon fights, or taking baths, or going to a water park! With my electronics, I could never do that unless I wanted to break. And the ocean is a friend of mine. So... *bites lip and looks away, clearly heartbroken*
Elsa: I see. You don't have to explain any more. *goes back to laptop* We could always have a "beach day" outside when the weather gets warmer.
Moana: A beach day?
Elsa: Yeah, we could find a way to make a pool, and we can use cocktail umbrellas for shade, and I'm sure Idina would be happy to make us all bathing suits. If you're interested.
Moana: I would be interested. But it won't be the same.
Elsa: Maybe not, but we're landlocked, so it's the closest we've got. It might make you happy. And I promise that one day you'll see the real ocean.
Moana: *brightens* Do you really promise?
Elsa: Well, I can't guarantee anything, but I'm sure She will eventually visit the sea. And if you're lucky, She might take you.
Moana: I swear that if I get the chance, I'll take it!
Elsa: That's the spirit.
Moana: Is there anything else you need for the blog?
Elsa: No, not really. I fill in the rest myself. Unless you have something else to say.
Moana: Well... there is something.
Elsa: Yeah?
Moana: Elsa, I... I was never at a Disney store. I was kept in a warehouse and ordered online.
Elsa: Really? Nothing's wrong with that. That's just how humans shop nowadays.



Moana: Yeah, but in that warehouse, there was dozens of other Moanas and Puas and Hei Heis. Hundreds of them, in fact. I wasn't there for very long, maybe a month. But all the other Moana I met there wanted the same thing I did.
Elsa: *finishing* To be with the ocean.
Moana: *nods* Yeah. So I guess I'm not the only one who feels the same way. It's not the humans I'm jealous of. It's what they can do.
Elsa: Right. At least it's nice to know you're not alone.
Moana: Sure, but they were all other Moanas. What about you, Elsa? Don't you want to go to the beach?
Elsa: *laughs lightly* I have no desire for warmth. A snowy mountain trek would be nice though.
Moana: *leans onto the laptop* What if we could?
Elsa: What?
Moana: What if we could convince the humans to take us on a vacation?
Elsa: What? Where would we go?
Moana: Everywhere! All over the country. We'd go up to the mountains and down to the shore. We'd camp in the forest and tour the desert, and the humans would bring us to the beach and I can teach you how to make the perfect sandcastle! And if we're lucky, they'd take all of us sailing! I've always wanted to do that in real life.
Elsa: Wait, did you say all of us? I don't mean to be a killjoy, but She has twenty-seven dolls.
Moana: We'll need a very big backpack.
Elsa: *laughs again* That's not very practical.
Moana: A very big backpack and very strong shoulders.
Elsa: I like the way you think. Never stop being impractical, Moana.


Full Name: Moana of Motunui
Finding Place: A Disney store warehouse, later under the larger human Christmas tree
Finding Date: December 25th, changed to January 1st
Species: 11" Disney singing doll
Strengths: Athletic, determined, heroic
Weaknesses: Stubbornness, pride, envy
Powers: I have a suspicion that she might have some magical ties to the water... but she hasn't told me anything.
Status: A true hero- and blogging buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment