Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me

Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me
My sister is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Elsa and Anna's Mini Reviews: Tic-Tac Spender Box

I could have said it was just like any other day in the Room She Lives In, but it wasn't. We were all still shocked and mourning after Cogsworth's sudden and tragic expiration, which meant the Pocket-Sized Avengers were actually staying around for a while. This made Nessa happy because she could see Vision again, and Chris and Steve were making great friends, but everyone else felt cramped and aloof. I couldn't help thinking that it would be nice if I could escape, if only for a few minutes.
Luckily, Anna came to my rescue when re-entered She's room and became the only one of us with a smile on her face.
"Elsa! There you are. Okay, I know we're not supposed to snoop around with the humans, especially not after Cogsworth..." Anna paused mid-sentence, and her lower lip twitched. I looked down in respect, but she continued on. "But I find this really awesome thing in the dining room cabinet that I think that we ought to review."
"What? Review?" I asked.
"Yeah, don't you remember? You and I had that mini-series going. Literally. It was a mini-series. We reviewed miniature school supplies that one time before She started school."
I could vaguely recall doing such a thing, but if I'm honest, stronger memories had taken siege of my mind since last August. "Oh, right!" I exclaimed. "What is it?"
"Well, you'll have to come see. I think it's too big for me to carry upstairs alone."
I raised a single eyebrow, and a corner of my mouth went up with it. "Are you sure it'll work for a miniature, Anna?"
"It will. Trust me."
I followed Anna downstairs and into the dining room, where she ran over to the thing she wanted us to review and stuck out her arms in a flair of drama.
"Ta-da!"
I was still terribly lost. "Okay, well... it's a box."
Anna groaned and pulled on my arm to bring me closer to the thing. "Look closer!"


Ah, I could see what she meant. Inside the transparent box were far tinier boxes, the same kind as the big one; little box babies. And inside the tinier boxes were round colored pellets that looked awfully familiar. She kept a collection of pellets like these in her room, and sometimes she'd pop one into her mouth after dinner.
"Wait, these are Tic-Tacs, aren't they?"
Anna rolled her eyes and laughed. "Took you long enough! Can't you read?"
"Yes!" I insisted. "So we're reviewing the miniature boxes of Tic-Tacs?
"That's the idea. Now help me take this up to She's room!"
"Let me take some pictures first! The lighting is better down here, anyway."
Anna folded her arms impatiently. "If you must."


The larger box, which housed all the baby boxes, had the same metallic green and silver polka-dot printed stickers around it as most Tic-Tacs do. At least the ones I've seen. It opens in a flap from the top right side, and it clicks back into place to close. So far, a pretty standard box of Tic-Tacs except for the size. So far that was the only thing I could find to be remarkable.
Since the humans had apparently already dug into it, half of the baby boxes inside were gone, and the Tic-Tacs were not as heavy as we thought. Anna probably could have done it alone had it not been such an awkward shape to carry.


Once upstairs, I had to take more pictures. I had Anna stand next to it to compare heights, and I figured that I wouldn't need to since we're the same height- sixteen inches, and the heels on her boots barely make a difference.


As for the tiny boxes, they fit perfectly into Anna's cupped hands. In our opinion, the baby boxes are the perfect size for any doll. Each miniature box contained about 8-12 flavored drops (after breaking the seal, so we were sure nobody had taken mints out beforehand).
To be sure of the dimensions, we invited dolls of other species into our review to pose for some pictures if they wanted. Most of them did, probably happy to get their minds off of... other things.


Moana, Anelle, Kristoff and Steve are all Disney dolls around the same height, but Kristoff looks slightly taller than Anelle, and we know Moana is eleven inches by her packaging and Steve is twelve by his. We're not really sure of Olaf's height, but he fit in with the group well enough.


Bell, Nessa, Elphaba, and Idina are all around three to four inches in height.


We even got the Pocket-Sized Avengers in a photo! (They are all 3.75 inches, except Wanda, who is 3.5 inches in height.)
Now to move onto the real purpose of Tic-Tacs: flavor. Since we can't actually taste or eat anything, we figured the scent would work just as well. The miniature boxes had the same stickers and tab at the top, and each one says their flavor. The side of the larger box says this as well, along with the color each one is supposed to be. I found it a little weird that they called the Tic-Tacs "flavored drops" instead of "mints", but I guess that could get a little confusing if "mint" could be an actual flavor. But if that was the case all along, why couldn't they just call them "breath fresheners"? Ah, nevermind. That sounds too dorky.



The first flavor, or scent, we tried was orange, oddly colored scarlet instead, and not a clear transparent like the spender box. The orange Tic-Tac smelled very sweet and citrus-y, which is exactly what we were looking for. I heard this one is She's favorite, and I totally understand that now. Each "flavored drop" was white instead of being colored the same as the miniature box they came in.


Next came spearmint, which came in a cyan box. There's a regular mint one as well, but we'll get to that later, though I'm not really sure of the difference between mints flavors/scents. Oh well. People must be able to tell, because why else would they buy two different mints of the same flavor? The spearmint was spicy, but more like a cinnamon (sweet) spicy and less like a sriracha (savory) spicy. It would definitely clear a human's nose if they were stuffy. It was Thor's choice, probably because the spiciness was... electrifying? Haha.


Anna and I knew we wanted to save the peach and passionfruit "flavored drop for last, so that left us with the regular mint. Olaf said the scent reminded him of chilly weather, and I would agree. Most things with the Frozen characters on them are either mint or vanilla, so the mint drop probably rung a bell for him because of that. The mint drops were the only miniature Tic-Tacs that came in a non-colored box, although the packaging of the large spender box shows them to be green. I don't know why they didn't go with green in real life, but no matter. These mints have the classic scent we were all expecting for the name.


We saved what we thought would be the best for last: peach and passionfruit. Moana called it liliko'i because that's what passionfruit means in Hawaiian, but in all my years, I've never known a passionfruit to be in She's house. Maybe they are hard to find where we live? I guess the Tic-Tacs are a good replacement if you have a craving for passionfruit, but mainly it smelled like peaches to us because that's what we are able to recognize.
This product can be found on Ebay and Amazon, of course, for the average price of fifteen to eighteen dollars. I imagine that the price is similar at the actual store She bought it at, but the tags were all removed so we could only guess on that. From what I've heard, it was brought into the house whenever She's parents went to Mexico a couple years ago... which doesn't help us since we don't know where in Mexico, and it might not help you if you live near there. I recommend buying one online if you're interested.
In summary, the Tic-Tac Spender Box and Minis will perfectly fit into the pocket of any human or work as a doll-sized prop if need be. Anna and I give it a rating of 9/10 snowflakes for some of the flavors (peach passionfruit) not being all that they claimed and the flavored drops not being colored like the regular sized boxes are. But hey, if given the option, why not give it a try? The miniature boxes are awfully cute.


Signing off,
Princess Anna and Queen Elsa

No comments:

Post a Comment