Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me

Wintertime at A Doll's Life For Me
My sister is the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Sunday, April 1, 2018

A Doll's Life File: Nessa

Heya, guys! Happy Easter! This post here comes at a bit of an odd time, since all my readers are currently within the Funky War series. Although the real deal has been gone and done for us as the dolls, I've tried to create a sort of schedule so that I'd publish a new post every Sunday to keep consistency in releases. But seeing that it is Easter today, I figured you all might want to read something more joyous and lighthearted on the day Christ was resurrected. You can still expect the third installment of the Funky War next week, though. But today I have a special treat for you... Nessa is finally getting her Doll's Life File!
***
Nessa: *strolling up to me on She's laptop like she wants something from me* Hey, Elsa!
Elsa: Hi, Nessa. Just doing some blogging.
Nessa: *tracing her fingers along the keyboard* You know what you could do?
Elsa: Hm?
Nessa: You could interview me for my Doll's Life File.
Elsa: Oh yes, let me drop everything right at this moment to interview you.
Nessa: *crossing her arms* Hey, I've been waiting forever for my turn here. And it's only fair you do me before your sister, or Moana, or Kristoff, or Anelle, or Elphie... *groans* I was here first.
Elsa: Fine, fine. *opens up new, blank post* Let's begin.
Nessa: *clapping* Yay!
Elsa: Okay, first question. What's your full name?
Nessa: Nessarose Thropp. As you know, I share a last name with my sister, Elphaba.
Elsa: Yep. And finding place?
Nessa: *shrugging* I dunno, really. Hallmark, I suppose, judging by the tags I wore, but She originally picked me off of the big Christmas tree the humans keep downstairs.
Elsa: *typing* Okay... so I'll just put that as "Hallmark" with three question marks at the end, and then "Christmas tree" in parentheses after. Finding date?
Nessa: I know She found me on Christmas Day in 2015, the same time as Idina was, but since we already have too many dolls found on that day, I think I changed it to Christmas Eve.
Elsa: Okay. Thanks, Nessa. You're done.
Nessa: *stunned* Wait, what?
Elsa: That's all the questions I needed you to answer. I can take the rest from here.
Nessa: What? No! I could have sworn there would have been more based on how long the other dolls were here!


Elsa: No, that's it. Excepting Steve, at least. Everyone else just wanted to have a heart-to-heart before they left. What where you expecting?
Nessa: *plucking a bit of lint from her cape* I don't know... something amazing, I guess. *flops down on bed* What a dreary post this has turned out to be. And to think I waited this long for an interview!
Elsa: Hm. Got anything you'd like to say? Anything at all?
Nessa: Ugh.
Elsa: I know you like people. Especially talking about them.
Nessa: Ugh...
Elsa: For example, I know you've got a massive crush on Loki.
Nessa; So what? You've known that since forever. Plus it doesn't even matter anymore.
Elsa: *stops typing* Now I didn't know that. What do you mean it doesn't matter anymore?
Nessa: *sighing* It's nothing. It's fine.
Elsa: You sure?
Nessa: ...No...
Elsa: Well, there you go. That's something you can talk about.
Nessa: Yeah... but like... do I have to?
Elsa: No. We can just end it right here no questions asked.
Nessa: That's the thing, though! I want to talk about it. It's just... difficult.
Elsa: Well, why don't you start from the beginning?
Nessa: *sitting up again, slowly* Yeah... okay... the beginning. I suppose it all started when I finally pursuaded Loki to take me to see the Pocket-Sized Avengers that one day.
Elsa: "Pursuaded" is a light word for it.
Nessa: Or pressured. Whatever. But it worked! And then I finally saw them... and they were so amazing... so many dolls of the same kind... and then I saw him. And... I almost fell over onto my face.
Elsa: I noticed that.
Nessa: Yeah, but that's the thing. I'm clumsy enough as it is, and you know that, but this one felt different. Like some sort of force was pulling me towards him... Vision.
Elsa: *quietly types away*
Nessa: Remember that magnets thing I told you about when you were first dating Steve?
Elsa: That was a long time ago. But I do.
Nessa: I believed every word I said. I wasn't kidding about the magnets theory, that each doll possesses a magnet that draws them to another. But it's impossible to find a magnet with more than one match.


Elsa: Huh? That's not how magnets work.
Nessa: No, it does, for dolls, at least. One doll can have a magnet that is drawn to multiple other dolls' magnets, but it is only ever reciprocated once in their life. Some magnets are matches, some are repelled, and some are just... neutral. That's the way it works, and that's what I believe.
Elsa: Yeah?
Nessa: And there is a very high chance that a doll may never meet their match in their lifetime. The world is just so big, and there's so many dolls at there, more being made by the day... so what are the chances of that happening? *laughs sadly* It's just hard to believe now.
Elsa: You're doubting your theories?
Nessa: I'm not sure. I thought I liked Loki for the longest time... I appreciated it when he could be serious and reveled in the times where he could joke with us. I've always wanted to give him a kiss or wear his helmet, but now with Vision around... I'm kind of torn between the two of them. I have the itching feeling that my magnet is connected to Vision's, but at the same time... I'm not ready to give up on Loki yet, either.
Elsa: *thinking* Well, if it's any consolation, on that same day you introduced Vision to the rest of us, Loki seemed a little torn, too. He thinks that you've forgotten about him entirely.
Nessa: No, no, I haven't! *pauses* Wait, was he sad?
Elsa: A little, maybe... I guess.
Nessa: That wasn't any consolation at all.
Elsa: I'm sorry.
Nessa: It's a little better to know that I'm not the only one with the uncertainty plague, though.
Elsa: *chortles* What?
Nessa: I think all I need to do is to give it a little bit. Spend some time with the both of them, and then see where the mutual affection lies.
Elsa: *realizing she's answered the question to her own problem* That sounds good to me.
Nessa: Sweet! I'm gonna go do that.
Elsa: What? Like, now?
Nessa: Why not now? Time stops for no one! You gotta seize the day by the helmet! Or the weird yellow crystal gem thingy in the forehead... or guy, I mean. Not the day. And don't worry. I'm not actually going to physically seize them. That would be weird. *trots off to find one of the boys*
Elsa: *dumbfounded* Okay... I'm going to publish this post now. *clicks*


Full Name: Nessarose Thropp
Finding Place: Hallmark (the big Christmas tree???)
Finding Date: December 24th
Species: Hallmark ornament
Strengths: Optimistic, artistic, supportive, and has a secret physical strength!
Weaknesses: Chocolate, romance, being clumsy.
Powers: Nothing out of the ordinary, we swear. (See Strengths category)
Status: She may not be of my same species, but she's still my sister from another... store.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you all.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You as well! Nothing much happened this year, so I don't think a true Easter-themed post was warranted. Oh well. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete